Wednesday, November 4, 2015

My Apartment is Looking Like I Belong on "Hoarders"

This year, not only did I lose my job, but I found myself having to pull back into my apartment all the things I had previously stored in an outside storage company as they were putting in an elevator in the building right where they had the lockers.  I also found myself having to take in half of the stuff from my mom's apartment in the last two weeks after placing her in a nursing home.

I have to admit that I've never been noted for my clutter-free home, but the above objects have made it almost impossible to live in and feel good about myself.

FreeCycle hasn't been much help.  I tried to give most of it a new home, but those who responded were just out and out fussy so I had to pay to have it hauled away, including a 32" RCA traditional tube tv that was in excellent working condition.  Shame on you people.  If I had needed it myself I would have kept it as I never buy something new to replace something that is still working.

Anyway, I came across this article on Houzz and thought it might help some of you who are in a similar position as myself.  I've already started cleaning my place out but thought this might provide a little bit more of an initiative or motivation to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment