Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men

Well, this year has already turned into a "humdinger" what with one of the most brutal winters in a long time, my falling and injuring my left rotator cuff almost requiring surgery, my mom having balance and blood pressure issues and with my getting notice that my company is eliminating my position in two weeks.

I was already planning to retire towards the end of this year middle of next . . . oh well; the best laid plans of mice and men.

I guess it goes to show you that no matter how well you're liked where you work, when they want to cut back or use the money elsewhere there is no loyalty.

The truth is that they're letting me go isn't really a bad thing considering all the other things going on in my life right now. True, it's a bit earlier than I expected and I have to juggle some balls to stay afloat, but that's not too hard and I've already taken care of most of it.

The only problem now is that since I was given notice, I don't want to BE at work any more.  Sigh!  9-1/4 days and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment