Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year Everyone

Well, here we are, the first day of a new year, 2015.

The passing of a year is bittersweet; we're glad that the experiences that caused us problems and stress are over and we're happy that we have the chance to start off with a clean slate and an optimistic, can-do attitude.

I've not made any resolutions this year, not because I don't meet them which is true, but my focus this year is to try to work on the patience I no longer have so that I can deal with my elderly mother who has dementia. And for those of you who have experienced caring for a person with dementia, you know it is not an easy task and that it only gets worse.

I'm also at that point in my life where I am starting to plan my retirement. I have decided due to the longevity in my family not to start collecting SS until I turn 70 which is 2 years from now. I still work full time and plan to work the additional 2 years, but this may not be possible due to changes currently underway by my employer. It is likely that no move will take place this year so I think, I will have at least 1 full year of working guaranteed; the second year uncertain. A move in the beginning of 2016 rather than at the end would cause me to have to dip into my 401K/IRA a year sooner and take in significant payouts the first year, but one has to do what they need to do.

I also have to concentrate on my health issues. While health is between good and fair, I have been diagnosed as being diabetic so knowing the effect being diabetic has on dementia, I must lose the weight I need to lose. Having dealt with both parents and dementia, there is no way I want to find myself in a similar state.

So, raise your glasses of fresh, clean water . . . Happy New Year everyone!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment